Thursday, March 31, 2016

Post-Science Fair Debrief at BDMS

We went in to the science teacher, Mrs. Foster-Faith's, classroom at Bishop Dunn Memorial School. She was the teacher who ran the science fair. I loved her enthusiasm towards science and especially loved her shirts! She was a fun and caring teacher, and that goes miles in the classroom. 

In our brief meeting, she accomplished the 5E's. She stressed the importance of using that in that classroom. I enjoyed how she stated she never writes lesson plans. That has been a part of education that I stress about. Having to make a lesson plan for every single lesson seems like a lot, and she said that definitely doesn't happen. 

Mrs. Foster-Faith asked us what we thought of the science fair. I said I enjoyed it, but, I wish it didn't have to fall at such a busy time for me. I had a lot to do, and then to add a science fair project on to it was a lot. On the other hand, I think the BDMS students really enjoyed it. When I went to the science fair, all of the kids were excited, and eager to present their projects. I agree with Mrs. Foster-Faith that there should be guidelines. 

Overall, I enjoyed our meeting with Mrs. Foster-Faith. I enjoyed her insight, and her inviting spirit. She ended our meeting with saying, "If you ever need anything, come on over." I thought that was really nice, and I know she really meant it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment